The acting world is absolutely saturated with talented people, so standing out from the crowd is a must. And as every actor knows, the first way to do that (aside from a brilliant performance, obviously!) is a great photograph on your CV.
Your online Spotlight CV is one of the most important tools you can use to sell yourself as an actor. It serves as your interactive Business Card, and a great headshot be the difference between securing an audition or being discarded at the first hurdle by a casting director.
Choosing the right CV photo is vital for any performer - so follow these simple steps to make sure you look your best!
- Have more than one headshot, but not too many – don’t go overboard. Ideally, these should be a mixture of colour and black and white.
- Use on-set production shots if you have some you like – but they must be of equal quality to any professional headshots on your profile.
- make sure that any production shots are heavily focused on you; there should be no groups on stage shots.
- Use any shots where you are heavily costumed or made up so you look like a completely different person – casting directors want to see your actual face.
- Keep old photographs on your CV out of sentiment – they must be as up to date as possible.
- Forget to update your headshot if you’ve cut your hair short or gone for a new permanent look.
Want more inspiration on boosting your credentials? Listen to a podcast with Spotlight’s careers expert Emma Dyson on her essential tips for making your CV shine.
MOO consigue que la vida sea un poco menos virtual. Ayudamos a nuestros clientes a imprimir productos como tarjetas de visita, postales y adhesivos, para que puedan compartir fácilmente información sobre sí mismos o sobre su negocio en el mundo real.
Imprimir es sencillo y maravilloso. ¡Nos encanta!Ver Nuestros Productos