Have you ever wondered what to do with your Holiday Cards once you’ve taken them down from your mantle-piece? Or wondered what to do with the left over cards from your pack after you’ve mailed all your friends and clients?
This star is made purely from Christmas Cards and a little glue, could make a great addition to your festive decorations and even squashes flat without breaking, so it can be sent to friends in the mail as an alternative greeting or crafty gift.
Here’s how to make your very own Holiday Card star. We’ve made the template available as a download. All you’ll need is 5 MOO Greeting cards, glue or double sided adhesive tape, scissors, a ruler and a paper folder (a bone folder is ideal, but a table knife will do just fine.)
1. Making the template. It’s advisable to print the template and draw around it. Make marks for both cut lines and fold lines, assuring that you make your marks on the inside of the card and remember to check that you aren’t chopping a little bird in half – think of which part of the design you’d like to see on the finished star. Cut out your five shapes.
2. Score along the folding lines using a bone folder to give crisp folds. You could also use an empty ball-point pen, or even a butter knife if you don’t have a bone folder.
3. For each of the five shapes, mountain fold along the long lines and glue the long edges together. This will form the points of the star. Valley fold the little tabs at the base of each point.
4. Now for the assembly. Take two points, run a thin line of glue onto the tabs, and attach this to the next point.
5. Repeat the previous step for each of the points until you have formed a star. The last point is a bit fiddly. Give the star a good squish, to make sure that the glue is evenly applied and the tabs are properly secured. And voila! You have made a star because you are a star!
Keep your eyes peeled for more crafty ideas coming up soon!
We know that lots of you are great ambassadors for MOO and so we've been thinking of a way to say thank you. Which is why you can now actually earn money off your next order when you refer friends to MOO.Find out more
If you can do us a favour, we'll do one for you in return. Sign up as an affiliate and you could earn up to £5, $8, or €6 for every new customer you send our way.Sign up now